Where does joy come from?
Yet despite the frustrations life can bring, true joy is not dependent upon our circumstances. Though life’s joy stealers can be many, we can learn to have more joy in our lives. It starts with asking.
Ask God for more joy in your life. 1 John 5:14-15 says, “This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him.”
Here are a few good verses on finding JOY:
- The joy of the LORD is your strength. Nehemiah 8:10
- The cheerful heart has a continual feast. Proverbs 15:15
- Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy. Psalm 126:5
- Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs. Psalm 100:2
- The Lord has done great things for us and we are filled with joy. Psalm 126:3