Most relationship breakups happen in January. Why? Because it’s after the holidays and before Valentine’s Day (the traditional love holiday for couples).
If you or someone you know are going through a dating relationship breakup or divorce, here’s some help and hope. You can get through this confusing and painful time. Here are the 12 Steps of Relationship Breakup Recovery:
1. Deal with endings
2. Get the comfort and support you need
3. Grieve your losses
4. Heal your emotional pain (sadness, anger, fear, rejection, etc.)
5. Experience God’s amazing love for you
6. Discover the power of forgiveness
7. Learn to wait well
8. Awaken hope
9. Restore your confidence and self esteem
10. Wake up to the rest of your life
11. Make healthier choices next time
12. Live in the light
But how do you do this?
Check out my helpful breakup recovery book, "When Love Ends and the Ice Cream Carton Is Empty" (in print or e-book) or share it with a friend who’s going through this painful event. It's not fluff. It's packed with encouragement, insight and practical get-your-life-back tips from someone who's been there.
And check out the rest of this encouragement blog, A New Day Café for lots of insight on recovering from a painful breakup. I will be posting more in the new year too.
You can lose the pain; find joy again. It's time...
The rest of your life is waiting.