The International Christian Retail Show (ICRS) is the largest gathering in the nation of Christian authors, editors, publishers, agents, music and film industry and retail gift sellers.
This year, under the St. Louis Arch, amazing things happened. Steve Laube, literary agent at The Steve Laube Agency, wrote a comprehensive blog post about his observations of the 2013 event. Here are some of the highlights (click here for the entire post):
Golden Scroll Awards banquet winners (at AWSA)
- Editor of the Year went to Sandra VanderZicht of Zondervan
- Fiction Editor of the Year went to Vicki Crumpton of Baker Publishing Group
- Nonfiction Book of the Year went
Karen Whiting and Jocelyn Green for Stories of Faith and Courage from the
Home Front (God & Country Press of
- Novel of the Year went to Jeanette Windle for Congo Dawn (Tyndale)
- AWSA of the Year was Carol Kent
- The Beyond Me Award, presented by Kathi Macias, went to Sue Badeau
- The prestigious 2013 Golden Scroll Lifetime Achievement Award went to Carole Lewis, the bestselling author and national director of First Place 4 Health,
Lifetime Achievement Award to agent, Lee Hough at Alive Communications. This stellar man—who has not only contributed significantly to the Christian publishing industry, but is also a superb example of how to love your wife, family and others—has two months to live due to terminal brain cancer. Well deserved, Lee Hough. Well deserved.
Exhibits galore with the latest in books, music gifts and more.
Next year’s ICRS will be held in
Georgia June 22-25, 2014.
See you there!