Monday, June 3, 2013

The 3 M’s of Connecting at ICRS 2013 (for Authors)


It’s almost here! The International Christian Retail Show 2013 will be held June 23-26, 2013 at America's Center Convention Complex in St. Louis, Missouri and attendees are getting ready.
From Christian book and music publishers, editors and agents to authors and media, the event promises to be packed with information, education and FUN!

Who’s exhibiting at ICRS (the largest Christian convention for book, music and gift retailers)? For a map of 2013 ICRS Exhibit Hall Floor, check out the link. 
 
For authors: Author and veteran ICRS attendee, KarenWhiting, offers these tips for authors at the conference:

1. Meet. I like to meet the sales reps of my publishers. When they meet me and we chat, they get more excited about my books and that helps book sales.


2. Media: I am not signing at ICRS this time, but I will be interviewed for radio and TV while I am there. With fewer big names coming the stations, they have more room to interview the lesser known authors.

3. Marketing: The one-sheet should include a summary of your marketing plan. What you bring to the table in marketing ideas plays a bigger role than ever.

Get ready now! It all starts in less than three weeks.


No comments: