Friday, May 24, 2013

What to Do About Money? A Lesson from an Acorn


"Big oaks from little acorns grow."

 

It always amazes me when I look at an acorn how a tall tree can come from such a small seed. But nothing will happen unless it is first surrendered to the soil. Release precedes growth.

Likewise, when we surrender to God our heart and our attitude toward money, growth happens. In the black soil of faith, God grows our character and integrity tall and strong. When we ask, he provides wisdom on how to save, spend, and give from all that he has provided and given to us.

Ask God for “acorn faith” to plant seeds of hope for what God will do in your finances.

Ask him for an increase and wise management of your money so it will bear fruit—in your own life and in the lives of those in need.

Prayer
Lord, I ask for wisdom in how to use money wisely. I ask for increase, so I can not only meet my needs by be a generous giver. Show me how to spend, save and give for your glory. In Jesus' name. Amen.


Photo credit: Dave Frahm

No comments: