Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Certainty in an Uncertain World


"Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know." (Jeremiah 33:3)

One thing I have learned in this life is that God is smarter than me...He knows everything--even when I do not, even when there seems to be no answer....no way out. His wisdom is more vast than I can ever comprehend.

And that's okay with me!

In these uncertain times....the economy, the election, the high cost of living, and everything that's going on in your life and mine, these things I know for certain: that God is good and that He is faithful. He keeps His promises--all of them, all the time.

He has good plans for us (Jer. 29:11)

He longs to retore our health and bring healing (Jer. 30:17)

He gives comfort and joy from our sorrow (Jer. 31:13)

He provides HOPE (Jer. 31:17)

He loves us, cares for us, longs to be close to us more than we know (Jer. 31:3,4)

Whatever you are facing today, may God give you strength. Because you know what? Nothing is too hard for him. He said it Himself, "I am the LORD, the God of all mankind, is anything too hard for me?" (Jeremiah 32:27)

Stand strong, and know (whether you feel it or not), that all will be well. All will be well.

No comments: